Back to the pool for a good workout Friday morning. I don't think it's ever going to be easy to get up and go swim that early, but I am feeling great in the water and enjoy talking to the others swimmers there. Jason and I had plans for a long ride on the trainer Saturday afternoon but decided to trade off running instead. It had been snowing on and off but I checked the weather radar and seeing that it was clear, headed out to run. It was about 35 degrees when I started but I quickly warmed up and had to stop to take my gloves and jacket off. Got into a groove and felt great. At the turnaround point, it started snowing a little, but just a few flurries. A little after that, it started really snowing. Just a few minutes later, I felt like I was in a blizzard! I had to stop again to put my gloves and jacket back on. I find it frustrating to have to stop running to stretch or work out a cramp, but it's REALLY frustrating to have to stop to mess with my clothes. I got going again and as I turned the corner, I saw our car and Jason and the kids coming to get me. I had told Jason before not to worry about coming out but I think the near white out conditions had him concerned! I was feeling great running and didn't want to ride home, so after a quick chat, I was off and he drove home. As soon as the car passed, the wind picked up and I felt like I was running against a wall! I was going up hill, into the wind and snow, with my hat pulled down so far I could hardly see where I was going! And yes, starting to second guess my decision about passing up that ride... The snow started to ease up and I finished the run in just over 58 minutes. I couldn't wait to hop in the car and go measure the route. I was slightly disappointed to find out it was only 6 miles, but I guess that time isn't too bad with three stops. The route was nice and I look forward to running it again, with a little less crazy weather...
Today is a rest/catch up on other stuff while the kids nap kind of day. Back to the pool tomorrow to kick of what I hope will be another great week of training!
No comments:
Post a Comment