Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thank you, Ironman

The picture above is the majority of my clothes out of my closet.  They are on my bed because I'm getting rid of them.  They are all way too big!  Finishing my first Ironman was more than just checking a box on my life-long list of goals.  It has changed my life.  I am fitter than I have been in a long time and I love how I look and feel.  And I want to stay this way.  I'm back to working out and have a plan to stay active through the winter.  And now that I've had a few post race food splurges, I'll be closely watching what I eat.  It's a pain at times and very easy to let slide, but the way I look and feel now is so much better than any food will taste.  As far as the race itself, it is definitely something I want to do again.  And probably again and again...  Further plans for that TBD... 

1 comment:

  1. The pride you feel and the results of your hard work far out way the short term issue of buying new clothes. You have done a great job and I'm so happy to how excited you are. The kids love their Mom and have a great example to follow.

    ReplyDelete