Sunday, January 22, 2012

Has anyone seen my motivation???

I seem to have lost it.  Last week was rough between not feeling well and having two kids that weren't feeling well.  Before I knew it the week was over and I did not do any workouts :(  We usually trade off and do a run outside on Saturdays, but the snow/ice combo that we got changed that plan.  I struggled through about 40 minutes on the bike in the basement.  I can't seem to get comfortable on my bike and there always seems to be something wrong with the trainer.  But I sweat a little so it counts right?  I made it to the pool this afternoon and had a pretty good swim.  It's supposed to be one of the practice times for the Masters swimteam, but I was the only one there for the first 30 minutes and then the three others that showed up were doing their own thing, so I did my own thing too and got in 2700 meters.
I didn't have a chance to watch Kona when it was on TV in December, but we recorded it and watched it yesterday morning.  I am so impressed by the pros and inspired by everyone else that sets these outrageous goals and then achieves them.  Makayla was kind of watching it with us but kept asking when it was going to be over so she could watch her shows.  On the way to church this morning, she told me she can't wait to watch us when we do our big race.  She asked a few questions, and I explained that it was a really long race that was going to take us all day.  She asked what we were going to do for dinner, I thought she meant tonight but she was talking about the race day.  She is very concerned that we were going to miss dinner! 
There are so many things that motivate me: my husband, kids, family, friends, being healthy, wearing a 2 piece suit this summer (and looking good!), and being an Ironman.  So maybe it's not motivation I'm lacking, but I better get focused and back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment