Friday, June 8, 2012

A chilly swim!

Last night I planned on a fast three mile run.  As I was doing my warm up walk to my start point, I just wasn't feeling the speed so I decided not to time myself and just run how I feel.  Well I felt like yuck so I ended up walking quite a bit.  I haven't done that in a long time.  I've been having a lot of great workouts so maybe this was my body's way of telling me to back off a bit.  So I jogged/walked my three miles and made it home about 10 minutes before it started pouring rain.  I'm glad I didn't walk all of it!
Last night I was still debating about swimming this morning so I emailed one of the other swimmers.  She said she skipped Wednesday but would be there today and that her kids on the swimteam have been swimming outside all week.  So, nothing like a little peer pressure to get my bag packed (although I was really hoping she was going to skip so I could have too!)  Up early this morning and to the pool where only 4 of us are brave enough to swim - and one guy was in a wetsuit.  The air temp was 49 degree, water was 74 (a whole 2 degrees warmer than Wednesday!)  As I got ready to jump in, I looked over in jealousy at the lifeguards who were bundled up and enjoying their nice hot coffee.  Oh well, my coffee would taste even better after a swim.  Took the plunge and lost my breath, got it back eventually and was feeling ok after about a 200.  The cold air cut down on the socializing and we had a pretty good workout.  On the way home I stopped at the grocery store to get things for the weekend.  It's a nice feeling to have a workout and grocery shopping done before 7:30 am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment