Wednesday - Had a good morning swim, then made it to the Winchester Wheelmen group ride in the evening. The ride leader switched up the route a bit and we did a combo of the old route and new route. It was a nice change. The group was much smaller and I was happy that I was able to stay up with the lead group. We finished the 23.7 mile ride just under 18 mph average, and I was feeling pretty good. I think the soreness finally went away!
Thursday - I've realized that I need to step up my run miles, so I headed out for a long run when Jason got home from work. I had an idea of where I wanted to run but didn't have time to drive the route ahead of time, so I wasn't exactly sure how long it was going to be. I felt ok starting out, but tried to up the intensity a bit instead of starting off as easy as I usually do. After about 20 minutes of running, I walked for about 1 minute, then cruised along until about 40 minutes, walked again and had a little snack. I ran until about 55 minutes, then turned around to head home. I tend to feel better on the way back, so I tried to pick up the pace too. I finished the run in 1 hour 45 minutes, and that included my walk time and waiting at lights. I was able to go out and drive it Friday and was happy that I ran 11 miles! I had to laugh as I was driving though, as I neared the turn around point, I slowed down, hoping the distance would increase as I got closer...
Friday - After Thursday night's good run, it was really tempting to sleep in, but I didn't! Had another great swim in a little bit of a drizzle. Headed home for a busy morning and then to get ready for our weekend trip to Quakertown, PA for the Steelmen Open Water Swim on Sunday.
Saturday - After checking out the area and Nockamixon State Park, Jason and I were able to go on an afternoon bike ride. Mary and Ed were with us for the weekend and we were grateful for their help with the kids so we could ride. The road from the hotel to the park was not biker friendly so we had to drive, park and ride from there. We started out with a rough plan to drive around the lake and I felt like the miles were taking forever to go by! It seemed like we were riding in slow motion, but we were working hard! At about 12 miles, we could have turned to finish our loop around the lake, but we decided to go straight and add some more miles. Unfortunately, this road was hilly, narrow, no shoulder, and drivers were flying! We cruised up and down a few hills until we reached 20 miles, then turned around. We were happy to get back on the road around the lake where there was a really nice shoulder and we felt much safer. Note to self, drive unfamiliar roads before biking on them! Around this time I think we both finally warmed up and were feeling pretty good. We ended up riding 37.2 miles and decided that was a pretty good warm up before Sunday's swim!
No comments:
Post a Comment