Friday, July 20, 2012

Feeling good

With Jason still out of town and not retuning until late Thursday night, I made arrangements with another friend to watch the kids so I could run yesterday - so thankful for all the members of our support crew!   I headed out for my run just before noon so it was nice and warm outside.  I ran my usual 6 mile loop but since her house is near my turn-around, I ran it backwards which is always a little strange.  I started off feeling great but with only my hand-held water bottle, I knew water was going to be an issue for the second half of the run.  I tried to just take a few sips and cruised a long. Got to my half-way point (which was the street where my house is, briefly considered going home and relaxing for a while since the kids were taken care of...  but decided I should probably head back :)  With about two miles to go I was out of water.  I'm sure it was more mental but I felt like all the sudden it got at least 15 degrees hotter as soon as I ran out.  One thing that will be nicer on race day is having water at every mile.  That's probably about the only thing that will be nicer about the run...  I finished up feeling pretty good and was happy to get back to my friend's house and hear all the kids had been playing nicely together.  Conner was a little upset when I left but apparently was fine as soon as I left and lunch was being made.  How awesome is it that I have friends willing to watch our kids and feed them so I can work out!  Again, so very thankful. 
Last night we had some pretty big storms come through and when my alarm went off at 5 AM this morning, I convinced myself that it was still storming and went back to sleep.  In reality, it wasn't even raining and I should have gotten up and to the pool!  Feeling guilty about missing my swim, I headed to the basement this afternoon to do the elliptical and lift weights.  Had a good little workout and I read my brother's recap of his Death Race while on the elliptical.  He is pretty incredible and the things he did were amazing. 
This morning when I weighed in, I was at 159.  A few months ago I was pretty happy to be back in the 160s.  I can't even explain how good it feels to be in the 150s :)

No comments:

Post a Comment