I enjoyed a somewhat relaxing day after my swim on Monday to try and recover from the weekend's workouts. Then I was right back to training on Tuesday. My plan was to run but with some stormy weather in the area, I thought I should do a trainer ride during nap just in case I wasn't able to run later. I did an hour and 10 minutes, then lifted. At the end I did a set of push ups - 15, then 10, then 5. Certainly not as impressive as the 100 I used to be able to do in 2 minutes during Plebe Summer, but way more than the 2 or 3 I could do at a time just a few months ago. The thunderstorms rolled through and then cleared up, so I was able to head out on my run once Jason got home. It was pretty humid as I started out which I now just think of as better training weather. I decided not to time myself and just run how I felt. Well I felt great and wished I had timed myself! I felt good on the 6 mile run but am getting a little bored with the loop that I have been doing.
Wednesday morning started back at the pool with a nice 2400m workout. In the afternoon, Sarah came over to watch the kids and Janel and I headed to Transition Triathlon in Leesburg. One of my goals when I started training for the Ironman was to get my body in good enough shape to get a cute tri outfit. Well, with almost 20 less pounds, I did it :) I grabbed a little bit of all the options they had and started trying them on. It was so cool to try on things that fit and looked good! I had a lot of fun and appreciated advice from Janel and Alex (one of the store owners). I found "the one" and I'm pretty sure I was more excited about this outfit than I was when I found my wedding dress! After the shopping success, Janel and I did a ride on the W&OD trail. We planned to do a 20 mile ride but the weather was gorgeous and we were feeling good, so we turned it into 30. I had never been on that trail before and it was really nice. Flat-ish, paved, some shade, and tons of other people out. So cool to see so many others of all shapes and sizes out enjoying the day. There were several sections where the path crossed the road so the frequent stops were a little frustrating, but most drivers were very courteous and would let us go. After the ride we headed back to the tri store where we left my bike and Jason's for a final tune up and cleaning.
Today is a full rest day and I can't say I feel rested, but I feel lazy! It's amazing that not too long ago I didn't think much about not working out for days (even weeks) at a time. Now I can't stop feeling like I need to go do something! Back to the pool tomorrow morning and maybe a little run before another big training weekend.
Maybe we should renew our vows at 10 years in our tri gear?
ReplyDelete