A collection of my thoughts as I work my butt off (hopefully literally!) to hear the words, "Amy Reynolds, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!"
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Another great ride
This afternoon I met up with Janel at the 7-11 that's about halfway between each of our houses. It's a nice almost 8 mile warm up but today I was feeling pretty sluggish. When we met up, I told Janel I wasn't feeling great but still wanted to try for a long ride. Thankfully I felt better as we rode and had a good ride. We started on a route we had been on before but then turned off it, wound around some back country roads and through Clarke County before heading home. There were quite a few rolling hills and just a few that we really had to climb. I brought two bottles with water, and one with Heed. I'm not a big fan of the taste of Heed, but find that most of the time I don't really care what I'm drinking, just hoping I don't run out of energy! At our "snack break" I had a few Stinger chomps. Those I really like, they taste like Gummy Bears. Finished up the 38.9 mile ride with a 16.0 average speed. Feeling good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment