Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Working hard

Had a good swim yesterday morning, 2500 m and really worked the main set.  Feeling great in the pool.  My afternoon plan was to head to the basement during naps to do a little warm up on the bike and then lift weights.  I started out feeling good on the bike and at 30 minutes (when I was going to stop) I decided to keep going to 45 minutes.  Then I kept going for an hour.  I was working hard but felt great!  When I was done with the bike, M was done with her rest time so she joined me for weights.  I followed a new plan from one of the books Janel let me borrow. It had exercises specifically for endurance athletes and triathletes.  I also added tricep extensions and then 5 minutes of abs.  M tried to do each of the exercises with me using her 1 lb weights.  I think it's awesome that she wants to be a part of what we are doing!  I was worn out by the end of my workout but felt great.  This shirt was all light grey when I started... 

(Photo taken by Makayla)

Tonight I headed out for a run a few minutes after Jason got home from work.  My legs were pretty tight from yesterday's lifting so I took it easy to start.  As they warmed up I picked up the pace and felt like I was cruising along.  At the turn around I walked just a bit, ate one Cliff Block, then picked up the pace.  With about 2 miles to go I noticed the rain clouds moving in and picked up the pace more hoping that I could get home in time for Jason to get his run in without getting rained on.  I pushed myself the rest of the way home with that thought in mind and even sprinted (well, as close as I get to a sprint these days...) the last half mile.  I was shocked and disappointed to see my time was just about what it usually is.  I really thought I was running faster, I sure felt like I was working harder!  Jason headed out shortly after I got home and was able to get his run in, rain free. 

2 comments:

  1. A little gross but cool none the less! Keep up the great work Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SWEAT monster, feels pretty good, right.

    ReplyDelete