Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Feeling good

Why do I feel like I am always playing catch up with this blog???  Too busy living I guess!
Monday was a travel day which was good timing and my legs enjoyed the break. 
Tuesday was a hot one and I did some heat training in the afternoon while cutting the grass. Dark clouds were building and heading our way so I wasn't dilly dallying around.  I ended up cutting the whole lawn in my fastest time yet!  (that competitive side of me is making a comeback :)  Those clouds that I saw must have gone around us but later in the afternoon some big storms rolled through.  Jason was planning on a road ride but that got changed to a spin class.  I was planning on a 6 mile run and there was a break in the weather when he got home, but more storms on the way.  I decided to switch to my 3 mile loop and stick a little closer to home.  No, I'm not afraid of a little rain, but I don't like running in lightening very much.  And I didn't want Jason to load up the kids and come find me which I knew he would if it really started storming.  Anyway, I set out for my run in a few sprinkles and with a little plastic bag to protect my Ipod in case it started pouring.  My legs felt a little tired as I started out so I started slow, picked it up as I warmed up.  Got to the turn around point and headed home, into some really dark clouds with a bit of lightening - and I really picked up the speed!  I finished feeling fast and strong and did the three miles in 27 minutes.  Made it home before the rain and it actually didn't start raining for a while so I could have done my 6.  :(
This morning started back at the pool.  There was quite a bit of IM in today's workout, but I decided to do free and really work on building speed.  Busy day with the kids and then Jason was home in time for me to get to the Wednesday night group ride with the Winchester Wheelmen.  This was my second time on this route and I really like it.  We started off fast and again my legs were tired.  Thankfully they felt better by about 7 miles in and I was able to pick up the speed.  As we neared the end, I saw my average speed was 18.0.  I really wanted to finish the ride with that average and tried to finish fast.  Unfortunately I got behind a group that I couldn't get around, and finished with an average of 17.9.  But we can round up, right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment