Monday - up and at 'em early at the pool. I've decided I need to pick up the swim intensity a bit so that my little brother doesn't beat me on the swim again.... With rainy weather the rest of the day, an outside ride was not going to happen so I went to the spin class at the gym. The class was good, but I would rather have been outside (just not in the rain :)
Tuesday - I had a grand plan of getting up at 5 and working out in the basement. The alarm went off, I got up and started to get ready, heard the sound of a light rain, and decided it was better sleeping weather than working out in the basement weather. So back to sleep I went. After a busy day, I started to think it had turned into an unintentional rest day until my friend Sarah said she was still going to do her run. Well, nothing like a little peer pressure. I did my three mile run and felt ok. I decided to try out a new pair of running shorts and ended up messing with them most of the time. Very frustrating.
Wednesday - Back at the pool in the early hours. We did a couple of 200s that I really pushed and I'm feeling great in the pool. I kind of wish the swim part of the triathlon was longer...
For tonight's ride I joined the Winchester Wheelmen on their new Wednesday night ride route. It's close to where the old route was, but was on different roads with less traffic which was really nice. There were about 30ish people at the start and we started off at a pretty comfortable pace. Janel wasn't able to make it but her friend Tina (who I've ridden with a few times) was there and we were able to chat for a bit. We talked about Gatorade and she recommended trying Nuun instead as is has less calories, I'll definitely give that a try. As the ride went on, we split into smaller groups and I was feeling great. It was rolling hills and I was doing awesome climbing the hills, but kept getting passed on the downhills. How can I not ride downhill???? I need to figure that one out... We stopped at three different points on the ride to re-group and let most of the riders catch up. After the second stop, we had a bit of a climb and by the top, I was up with the faster riders. We had a nice stretch of about 4ish miles where we were really cruising. Each time I glanced at my computer it was between 22 and 24 mph. I have always called myself a swimmer. I go back and forth on being able to call myself a runner. But I have never been able to call myself a biker. Tonight, I felt like a biker. It was awesome.
Very proud of my biker chick!
ReplyDelete