Monday, April 9, 2012

Feeling good

Although it was tempting to sleep in this morning, I resisted the urge and got to the pool.  I was tired from the weekend (we really don't know how to relax), and a little sore from the training but the 2400m swim helped me loosen up a bit.  I always feel better when I start the day with a workout!
I need to start stepping up my training a bit and I think the best way for me to do that is to add a second workout on swim days.  So this afternoon I did a workout DVD (Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 pack, Level 2) while the kids napped.  This was the first time I did the level 2 workout and it was a butt kicker!  I was dripping with sweat and worn out by the end, which of course was also about the time M was up from nap...
I've been feeling really good about the workouts I am doing and how I feel while doing them.  Nothing hurts and I am recovering from each workout pretty quickly.  I'm still not satisfied with my weight or how I look (stubborn baby belly...).  I tried the food journal and stuck with it for a few days, but it was too tedious for me to keep up with.  It did help me think more about each thing I ate and pay more attention to portions and serving sizes.  So I am still trying to keep those things in mind, without writing it all down.  My latest big change is to say good-bye to Coke (at least for a little while).  I've heard so many people say they feel better almost instantly from cutting out soda so I am going to give it a try.  So far I've made it one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment