Sunday, April 8, 2012

A windy run

We had a great Easter morning with lots of smiles and laughs with the kids, church, a stop at Dunkin Donuts (where for the first time, maybe ever, I did not get a donut for myself!!!)  then home so Jason and I could trade off running.  I wanted to get a long-ish run in so I headed out on my 8 mile route.  About 100 yards into the run I regretted my decision to wear a hat.  It was so windy and I almost lost it several times!  I guess I eventually had it pulled down far enough that it stayed on but I really don't like having to mess with clothing while running!  Other than the hat and the wind, I felt pretty good running.  I started off easy but felt strong and nothing hurt (yay!).  I ran to the entrance to the Shenandoah Museum, turned around there, walked for about two minutes to choke down a Gu and some water, then started back up again.  Still feeling good but running low on water, I had one more stop at a gas station to grab a water.  I'm glad I did - that water was gone by the time I got home!  Felt pretty good on the way back and was thankful the wind seemed to stay behind me.  Finished the just over 8 mile run in about 1 hour, 22 minutes, with a total of 4 minutes walking or stopped.  Pretty happy with that since I set out with the goal being to get the distance in and not worry so much about speed. 
I made it home while the kids were napping so I had a few minutes to relax before they were up.  Lots of playtime outside in the afternoon, a delicious dinner, then a family walk around the neighborhood.  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment