My sister, Erin, was visiting for the week and it was great to have an extra adult in the house to help with taking care of the kids and getting workouts in!
Monday - was proud of myself for getting up and to the pool on time. But 30 minutes into the workout, the pool had to be evacuated because the lifeguard smelled gas. Major bummer. I called later in the day and everything with the pool was fine, but that was frustrating!
Tuesday - with Erin here, I was able to get my three mile run in during the morning while she played with the kids. My run felt pretty good and I was happy with the pace. That afternoon I had a root canal - that was no fun!
Wednesday - Erin joined me at the pool and thankfully we were able to get the whole workout in, no pool evacuations today! Lots of IM sets, I haven't done that much butterfly in a while and it was looking a little rough by the end! That afternoon, Jason got home in time for Erin and I to meet up with the Winchester Wheelmen's group ride. It started at Orchard View Elementary School and the route was along mostly rolling hills with just one or two that were a little tougher but pretty strong wind that seemed to be against us in every direction. I felt great on my bike and actually stayed with a few people long enough to draft. And then a few people drafted off of me. Let me think back to the last time that happened.... oh that's right, NEVER! I finished the 17 mile ride feeling strong and very happy. My confidence has increased so much with these last few road rides and I actually look forward to going on rides now!
Thursday - Erin and I traded off running a 6 mile route. I started off feeling a little sluggish, but then felt better as I warmed up. I ended up finishing over a minute faster than my previous best time!
Friday - The pool was closed today and I must admit, I wasn't too sad about that! Decided to rest today and hope to get a good run and long ride in this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment