I was hoping to get a long run in Sunday but again, the weather kept that from happening. I guess I could have bundled up and gone out in the cold rain but that didn't sound like fun and this is supposed to be fun right? Instead I enjoyed a nice family day and a little shopping. While shopping, I tried on a size 10 pair of shorts - and they fit! Not just "I could barely button them" kind of fit, but comfortably fit. So of course I bought them! It's been a long time since I was able to wear that size, pretty happy about that :) I also tried on my wetsuit again. I tried it on when I first got it and it was quite an ordeal to get it on. It was on, but I wasn't able to zip it up all the way by myself. This time, it went on much more easily, and with Jason's help it zipped right up. So it looks like giving up McD's (I've only eaten there once since January!) and taking a break from soda (it's been over two weeks since my last Coke!) are really paying off. I've continued to try to eat healthier and am feeling good!
The weather continued to be cold and rainy yesterday so to the basement I went during nap time. There is NOTHING in TV in the middle of the day so I brought my IPOD down and cruised to the music. I tried to match my cadence to the beat like in a spin class, and the hour went by pretty quickly. I'm starting to think about what I am going to wear for the 1/2 Ironman coming up and tried riding with just regular shorts. It was a little uncomfortable so I think I am going to put bike shorts on over those shorts for the bike portion during the race. It may cost me a little extra time in transition but I think the comfort will be worth it. When I'm fighting to win a spot to Kona, I'll come up with a different plan :)
I'm getting very excited about the 1/2, starting to think more about the details (what to wear, what to eat, and practice some bike skills) and feeling good about the training that Jason and I have been able to do. The weather is better today and I'm hoping to get in a good run tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment