Thursday, August 9, 2012

2 weeks from today...

We'll be doing the first part of our drive to Louisville...
It's been hard to stay motivated to keep training hard this week when I really just want to rest!  But I had some great workouts and am glad I did it, now I am excited to ease up more over the next two weeks.
Monday - I swam in the morning, although sleep was really calling my name!  Part of the workout was 5x200 and then 8x100, and I felt really good and strong during those.  At night I rode with the Winchester Wheelmen on the Apple Pie Ridge Ride.  We did a little bit different route than the previous week and again it was nice to see some different scenery.  There were a couple of good climbs on this route and I managed them pretty well.
Tuesday - Jason went for a ride when he got home from work.  It was really hard to sit with the kids and not eat dinner (eating dinner then running does not work well for me) and it was tempting to have a chill evening with the kids, but I got ready and headed out for my run soon after he got home.  I went down Senseny Rd, then came back Canyon and really like that loop.  I felt pretty good running, although my legs were a little tired.  I ran the 5.4 miles in just over 50 minutes. 
Wednesday - Back to the pool in the AM, but it wasn't easy!  Had a good swim then home to start a crazy day.  I just recently got a job as a preschool teacher so after breakfast the kids and I headed to my new classroom to do a little cleaning and organizing.  From there we went to swim lessons, then we had to stop at the grocery store, then home for lunch.  I put the kids down for a nap and was REALLY tempted to take a nap myself!  I had a list of things I really needed to do (including some cleaning in the house but that seems to be getting pushed to the end...) but I wanted to get another workout in so to the basement I went.  I did an hour on the trainer, then lifted.  My quads were feeling pretty worn out as I started the ride, but seemed to do ok after about 15 minutes.  After my workout, I tackled a few of the things on the to-do list (no cleaning though...) then got dinner ready for Jason and the kids and got myself ready to head out to do a Pampered Chef Show.  The show went well but I was ready for bed by the time I got home!
Thursday - Today's plan was another 6 mile run but I just wasn't feeling it.  So I changed it to a three mile run.  Since it was short and not too hot, I didn't bring my water bottle and I also decided to skip the Ipod (I almost always run with the Ipod).  It was nice to run without having to hold anything!  I felt ok, just worn out.  And it was hot, I wished I had brought water!  But I was very happy with my time of 27 minutes for the 3 miles. 
Tomorrow will be a full rest day (Jason is out of town so I won't be able to make it to the pool) and it's also my final weigh-in day.  I'm excited to see just home much I've lost since I started this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment