Thursday, August 16, 2012

The taper phase is hard!

I feel so lazy!  I guess I could catch up on some cleaning that I've neglected all summer...  instead I'll update my blog :)
I don't think I mentioned this before but I recently got a job teaching preschool!  I'll be at the same school as Makayla and Conner will get to go too.  Makayla will be in the 4 year old class, I'll be teaching a 3 year old class, and Conner will be with the 2's.  I'm really excited about this opportunity and have been busy getting everything ready for that!  On Tuesday, we spent a lot of time getting my classroom ready and preparing for initial conferences.  I was feeling very stressed by the end of the day and was really looking forward to my evening run.  The weather was clouding up and there were some storms around us, but I decided to go anyway.  I knew I would feel better if I could get my run in and I was right!  I did a 5.4 mile loop in a little over 49 minutes and felt awesome.  Running really can be a good stress reliever!
Wednesday morning started back at the pool where it was pretty chilly!  I think the air temp was in the high 50's!  Thankfully the water wasn't that cold and it felt fine once I got warmed up.  Had a good workout then home to get the kids ready and back to do more work in my classroom.  They are slow moving in the morning, getting back on school schedule is going to be rough!
Wednesday afternoon I planned on a 30 minute ride on the trainer and then some light lifting.  I got to 30 minutes and felt like I hadn't really done anything!  So I kept going to 45 minutes.  Funny how not too long ago it was like torture to get to 45 minutes, now I had to make myself stop then!  I modified my weight circuit to just upper body to give my legs a chance to rest and felt good and strong. 
Tonight's plan is an easy 3 mile run, then just a swim tomorrow morning before a light weekend workout.  I can't believe we are in the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment