Sunday, August 19, 2012

One week from today...

I can't believe race day is just one week from today!!!!!!  I am feeling so many emotions right now but most of all, I am excited.  I've done the work and I am ready.  I can't wait to go do it!
Thursday nights "easy 3 mile run" turned out to be my fastest run yet!  I felt great and was happy to cruise along and finish holding just over 8 minute miles.  It's been a while since I've ran that fast!
Friday morning I tested out swimming with my tri shorts and sports bra and other than my extremely pale stomach, it worked out ok.  I've gone back and forth with a few options of what to wear for race day.  The top that I bought at the tri shop a few weeks ago is a little too big so I ordered a few more tops to try on and choose from.  I think I have it figured out, for now...
Saturday I had an awesome ride - just under 28 miles and I felt great.  I cruised along at an average of 18.8 mph for the first half, then a little slower on the way home but finished feeling great.  A quick change from tri shorts to run shorts, put running shoes on, and I was off on my 5 mile loop.  I walked to then end of the street (about a quarter mile) and my legs didn't feel wobbly at all as I started to run!  I cruised along and felt great.  I finished the 5.2 mile run on 43:25, very happy with that!
Today is a full rest day, it seems strange to have a rest day on the weekend since we are usually doing a long run or ride each day!  We were able to sleep in until after 8 (thank you Makayla and Conner!!!)  We had a great family breakfast and then made it to church.  It's been a while since we've been and it was nice to be back.  After that Jason took the kids to get a treat and I did some work in my classroom.  Now I'm enjoying a relaxing afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys. It will awesome to cheer you all home. you have done the prep and it is almost time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to both of you on race day- congratulations on all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete