Wednesday, August 1, 2012

swim, bike, run, swim, rest

I know I've said this before that it is never easy to get up at 5 AM, but this past Monday was REALLY not easy, but I did it!  I was a bit late and missed part of warm up but otherwise had a great workout.  My legs were dead on the kick set but it felt good to swim and loosen up from the long run and ride over the weekend.  Monday night I met up with the Winchester Wheelmen for a group ride at Apple Pie Ridge.  The area was beautiful and some gorgeous houses out there.  The route was fairly hilly and I was happy to hear Janel said the hills on that route were like big brothers of the hills on Louisville.  That was a relief!  There were a couple of decent climbs and some really fast downhills.  I got up to 39.1 mph on the last downhill - I've never gone that fast before!  It was fun but I probably could have gone even faster if I would have let go of the brake...  We finished the 25 mile ride with a 17.1 avg, not bad considering the hills we climbed.
I was feeling pretty tired Tuesday afternoon and it was really tempting to skip the run, but I knew I would regret if if I did.  I needed a route change though so I ran along Senseny then turned into the neighborhoods and came back on Canyon, the road I usually go out and back on.  This was a little shorter but the change in scenery was really nice.  I didn't time myself but was feeling good so of course I wish I had!
This morning the alarm went off and I was really hoping it was storming outside...  But it wasn't so I had no excuse to skip the pool.  Motivation was low in our group and I think we were all hoping it was storming!  Eventually we got going and had a great workout.
My plan was to ride on the trainer this afternoon but my body is saying REST!  Sounds good!

No comments:

Post a Comment