I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I posted on this blog! I'd like to say I was too busy working out, but that's not quite true... A few weeks ago I had Jason print out blank calendars so I could write down my workout plans for the week and then check them off when I do them. Looking at the calendar now, there are more blank spaces than ones with writing... Needless to say, I need to get on a schedule!
We traveled to Marion for Thanksgiving, bringing our bikes and trainers with plans to do a group ride in the basement. The weather turned out to be great though so after stuffing ourselves on Thursday, Jason and I took off on a little ride outside. It was a beautiful day and my legs felt great, but not long into the ride my whole midsection cramped and was very uncomfortable. I guess Thanksgiving meal and a glass of wine wasn't the best pre-ride meal... But it was nice to get out and do something. Friday morning I was up early and in the pool with the LASO swimteam. I'd like to think it wasn't that long ago when they were all looking up to me thinking how fast I was (actually that was very long ago...) Now I think there were looking over at Lane 1 wondering what I was doing over there! I realized I now have just one pace, and it's not very fast! After an hour with them (and about 2,000 yards) I headed up to the gym and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and ran a mile on the indoor track. Jason was planning on getting to the pool at about that time so Makayla could swim, but the plans changed. We did come back with them a little later in the day (Jason rode his bike into town to meet us there!) and Conner was able to come too. Makayla hopped right off the steps and loved swimming around (with her life jacket on). Conner took a little longer to warm up but was happy to play on the steps with a ball. I am so thankful they both love the water!
Yesterday I planned on working out while the kids napped, but I was just too tired. I was tired again today but headed down to the basement anyway. Did about 30 minutes on elliptical (with a few sprints up and down the stairs as it took Conner a little while to finally fall asleep) then lifted some weights. It's amazing how much better I feel after a little workout!
No comments:
Post a Comment