It was a beautiful day yesterday so I went for a run on the trails at the battlefield. I felt great as I ran and enjoyed seeing all the other people out for walks or rides. The trails are nice, mostly gravel, with two pretty steep hills that I ran the whole way up (but may have been faster if I had walked...) I finished feeling strong and was really excited when I saw my time of 46 minutes because I thought I had just run 6 miles. I glanced at the sign as I left the trail and it said the path was "about 5 miles." I wasn't as excited about that, but decided to be happy that I felt strong and nothing hurt. If I keep that up, I know the speed will get better.
This afternoon we broke out the mountain bikes (and had to dust them off!) and went for a family ride around the neighborhood. Makayla is a great bike rider and this was Conner's first ride in the seat on my bike. He was ok at first but made it known he would prefer to be on his own bike! I love that our kids love being outside and that we are going to be doing a lot of family bike rides in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment