A collection of my thoughts as I work my butt off (hopefully literally!) to hear the words, "Amy Reynolds, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!"
Monday, March 5, 2012
Feeling better
After lots of rest and ice yesterday, my knee feels much better today. I re-read yesterday's post and thought I sounded a bit like a teenage girl... While I can't promise that I won't get overly dramatic again, this has helped with perspective. I guess it was my body's way of saying I may have pushed it a little too far and a few days of taking it easy is ok. I slept better last night and my knee was still a little sore this morning, but not nearly as painful as yesterday. Had a good swim, did some running in the deep end, and good stretching. More ice when I got home and it's feeling pretty good. Will try to take it easy the rest of the day (Makayla has already told me several times to sit down and asked if I should be icing...) Maybe a little biking in the next day or two and an easy run by the end of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nothing wrong with a bit of concern when you have a sudden injury. Just keep icing and resting and you'll be back at it soon. I'm glad M is keeping after you like I asked her to!
ReplyDelete