Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mind games

Seems every little thing is a battle with my mind.  I know what I need to do, and most of the time I want to do it, but then there seem to be so many other things that sound better.  Yesterday morning sleep sounded like a better option, but I fought it and got up to get ready to swim.  I was a little late getting to the pool and instead of hurrying, it seemed to take me longer to get in the water.  Once I got going I was fine and had a good workout.  Then I had plans of doing a second workout during the kids afternoon nap, but it was a chilly rainy day and relaxing with a book won.  Then I felt guilty that I didn't workout.  AGH!
The weather was nice today so Jason and I decided to trade off running when he got home from work.  As the afternoon went on, my motivation for running was going away...  I reluctantly headed out when he got home, but decided not to time myself.  I run the same 3 mile loop and I think I started to put too much pressure on myself to run it faster every time which contributed to not wanting to run tonight.  Pretty silly right?  I started out with a jog and picked up speed as I warmed up and finished feeling pretty good.  Glad I ended up going for the run or I would have been upset with myself if I hadn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment