Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On the trainer again...

Not only is it hard to go to the basement when it's nice outside, it's really hard to go on the trainer after riding on the road!  I headed down after I put C down for nap, M came and played in the basement for a bit.  She kept me company until it was time for her to go to nap and she went up all by herself, she is getting so big so fast.  I enjoyed the quiet for a few minutes (she asks A LOT of questions) then turned my tunes on and pedaled away.  I checked my RPMs a few times and was right around 85-90, felt pretty good about that.  The time passed pretty quickly and as I approached one hour, my "seat area" was really getting uncomfortable, so I thought I would stand for a few pedal strokes and see if that would help.  Well, my feet almost slipped off the pedals and I wobbled so much that I almost fell which would have been either into Jason's bike or the elliptical, neither of which would have felt too good.  Not to mention how dumb I would feel if I fell of the stationary trainer...  Thankfully I didn't but I won't be trying to stand and pedal again any time soon.  When my bike package came, I got new clips to go with my new bike shoes and pedals, but my new shoes aren't here yet so the new clips are on my old shoes.  But they are way too loose in the pedals on my old bike (they are fine on my new bike though). Whew, that was really wordy but sort of explains why my feet almost slipped off the pedals.  I look forward to getting my new shoes and getting the pedal/clip situation all fixed.  I also need to tighten up the aero bars on my trainer bike.  I only seem to think of it while I am riding though...  Ended up doing about an hour and 10 minutes, then a few minutes to cool down and some stretching.  Feeling pretty good about that, but looking forward to getting back out on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment