Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fun day

I was really happy yesterday morning when I woke up and my knee was feeling a lot better.  I planned on doing a light workout (easy bike or elliptical) during afternoon nap but decided to catch up on housework instead.  I consider myself to be pretty good at a lot of things, but keeping our house clean is not one of them! 
Made it to the pool this morning and my knee felt a little stiff, but not painful.  Had a good swim workout and really enjoy chatting with the other swimmers. M and I had dentist appointments in the morning then back home to enjoy the awesome weather.  I was outside with the kids for almost 2 hours before lunch!  M rode her scooter around the block, C was in the seat on the back of my mountain bike.  It was a fun little ride.  We played with lots of stuff in the front yard then to the back yard for swinging.  I am so glad our kids like being outside!
I've been thinking about starting the Jillian Michaels workout DVDs again to work on building strength and extra cardio.  I keep putting it off saying, I'll start next week or next month.  Maybe it was the warm weather or the fact that my shirt was feeling a little tight, but that's enough putting it off.  I did the 6 week 6 pack video this afternoon, great workout with a focus on core strength.  I was happy that I didn't feel totally weak but expect to be pretty sore tomorrow.  I've also been contemplating keeping a food journal but keep putting that off with excuses like - you can't start that mid-week, I'll wait until next Monday.  Or, I don't have the right notebook...  Enough, I will start tomorrow.  I think we eat pretty well and I don't like "dieting" but it will be interesting to see how much I eat when I add up the calories and hopefully keep me from snagging a handful or two of whatever snack I am giving the kids (but those Goldfish are so yummy....)
After nap, the kids and I met up with friends at the playground.  I got another workout trying to keep up with C - that boy has no fear!  Home for a dinner of leftovers then out for an ice cream treat (good thing the food journal starts tomorrow!).  What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment