Yesterday was Day 1 of my food journal - yes I did get it started. In addition to writing down everything I ate, I also tried to pay attention to portion sizes and weigh and measure things so I knew how much I was really eating. I was surprised (and very sad) that a serving of Cheerios is 3/4 of a cup, and that did not fill my bowl up very much or make a dent in my hunger... But the 1 ounce of potato chips I had with lunch was actually a pretty big portion, and a little more than I usually eat. Having the food journal kept me from eating a few extra snacks that I would have normally eaten and by the end of the day I estimated that I ate about 2,400 calories - but I was starving!I had planned on doing and easy 2-3 mile run yesterday but it was REALLY windy outside and I told myself that maybe I shouldn't push it to early with my knee.... That made sense at the time so I skipped the run, and then of course regretted it later... AGH!
Made it to the pool this morning (I wonder if that will ever stop feeling like a big accomplishment and just be what I do...) had a good workout with lots of IM sets. Butterfly is not a lot of fun but I am happy I can still do at least one length before I look like I am drowning!
No comments:
Post a Comment